Home Additions in Charlotte, North Carolina
When you bought your home, you fell in love with its South Charlotte location. Now, your growing family or evolving home needs are demanding more space. You could move, but this would uproot your children and force you to give up living in the neighborhood you love.
Fortunately, there’s another option—hire DiFabion Remodeling to build an addition on your Charlotte home. This allows you to hold onto your home’s favorite features while adding extra square footage in just the right places. And, best of all—you don’t have to move!
If you’re interested in expanding your living space with a home addition, please contact DiFabion Remodeling and schedule a consultation with our Charlotte design/build team today.
Things to Consider with Your Charlotte Home Addition
It’s easy to envision what an addition will look like on paper, but you must consider the logistics of building onto your house if you want the project to be a success. Here’s what you should keep in mind:
- Code requirements: From structural integrity to fire safety, it’s essential to work with a contractor who understands all the required codes for building a home addition.
- HOA regulations: If your Charlotte neighborhood is run by a homeowner’s association, find out what restrictions are in place that could limit your design options.
- HVAC system: Your heating, ventilation, and air conditioning equipment must extend into the add-on to ensure comfort in every season. This may require a system upgrade to handle the increased load, or you might be able to use a ductless mini-split to provide efficient heating and cooling without installing more ductwork.
- Traffic flow and layout: A home addition often involves modifying some of the original floor plan to make the added square footage as useful as possible. This can affect traffic flow, especially if you’re making a second-story addition that requires a new staircase. Careful planning early in the design process determines the feasibility of the add-on you have in mind.
- Materials and finishes: The goal is to make it appear as though the addition has always been there. This means selecting materials and finishes that match your existing home, both inside and out. This could be your chance to replace the siding, windows, flooring, and wall coverings so the old and new sections of the home blend together seamlessly.
What Types of Additions Do You Do in Charlotte?
How will you use the extra square footage you add to your home? The possibilities are endless! Here are just a few ideas:
- Enlarged kitchen: Make room for an island, walk-in pantry, and breakfast nook.
- Second living room: Store the kids’ toys out of the way so the formal living room remains spotless for guests.
- Master suite add-on: If your home lacks a master bathroom, create an addition to satisfy this need.
- Extra bathroom: Bumping out the wall on the main floor could make way for a guest bathroom.
- Extra bedroom: Whether you have always wanted a dedicated guest room, or your growing family could benefit from one more bedroom, this could be a very useful add-on.
- Home office or den: This is a high-demand feature in new homes. With a carefully planned first- or second-floor addition, you can enjoy a new home office without moving.
- Sunroom: This addition provides another option for enjoying the view while remaining protected from the elements.
- Three-car garage: Whether attached or free-standing, a garage addition is a guaranteed way to make your home more functional for your family.
- Mudroom: Create less mess by attaching your garage to the kitchen with a functional mudroom addition.
Why Choose DiFabion Remodeling for Your Home Addition in South Charlotte?
Our home remodeling company is built on trust, vision, pride, and family. Thanks to our experienced and creative design team, we always meet or exceed our clients’ expectations. We take pride in doing things the right way the first time around, which is what enables most of our business to come from repeat clients and direct referrals.
During your home addition project, we’ll work hard on the front end to catch potential problems early. This way, we avoid regulation oversights and change orders that could hold up construction and increase costs.
To browse some of our past additions around the Charlotte area, be sure to check out our home additions portfolio.
Home Additions in Charlotte, NC
Extending your living space creates endless opportunities to spread out and improve the way your home functions for your family. Whether your addition is large or small, our capable team can handle the job.
The process begins with a free consultation, so as soon as you’re ready, contact DiFabion Remodeling. We serve clients throughout the South Charlotte area, including SouthPark, Wendover, Ballantyne, Providence Plantation, Matthews, Weddington, Waxhaw, and Harrisburg.