Curb appeal is your home’s first opportunity to make a good impression. The exterior of a house often predicts what’s inside, so it’s vital to make sure your home’s exterior is flawless.
If you’re looking to improve your home’s value, an exterior renovation is a great choice. Here are some tips and ideas to start the planning process.
Planning Your Exterior Remodeling Project
As with many things in life, the secret to a successful exterior remodel is careful planning. Thinking through each step of the process while considering your goals will help ensure your project delivers your desired results:
- Determine your vision of how you’d like your home’s exterior to look
- Research your neighborhood statistics, particularly home values
- Consider the project’s timeline, and be careful not to rush
- Set a realistic budget for the project
- Recruit a trustworthy contractor to help meet your goals
- Consider the role that balance plays in your design and budget
- Lights and landscaping can make a big impact, so don’t forget to include them in your plan
Call (704) 882-7738 or contact DiFabion Remodeling online for scheduling or more information.
Discover the DiFabion Difference
Schedule a consultation today!
Exterior Renovations That Increase Your Property Value
Whether you’re remodeling as preparation to sell, or you’re planning to live in your home for years after the project is complete, it’s important to consider the value your renovation will add to your home.
These upgrades offer some of the best returns on your investment.
- Fresh exterior paint: The average ROI on a fresh coat of paint on your home’s exterior is approximately 43%. Ensure that you select a color scheme that fits your home’s design and the neighborhood as a whole.
- Siding replacement: Rather than painting your home, you may want to install new siding. This gives your façade a fresh new look and reduces future maintenance obligations.
- Add a deck: Nothing says outdoor living like a backyard deck. It’s the perfect home addition for relaxing and entertaining while enjoying nature. Homeowners can choose from ground-level platforms to multi-level structures with built-in steps and features like lighting and fire pits. Our deck installation and remodeling services are designed to meet all your outdoor living needs while adding beauty and value to your home.
- Add an outdoor kitchen: Outdoor living spaces appeal to buyers, and an outdoor kitchen is a great way to add a functional, valuable new way to use your patio.
- New garage doors: This might seem minor, but new or upgraded garage doors can make a big difference in the aesthetic of your home’s exterior. Research budget-friendly styles that conform to your home’s look.
- Add a fire pit: Much like an outdoor kitchen, a fire pit gives buyers another appealing avenue to use available outdoor space.
For more high-ROI renovation ideas, call the experts at DiFabion Remodeling at (704) 882-7738 or contact us online.
2022 Exterior Remodeling Trends
- Outdoor hosting spaces
- Smart home features
- Natural lights
- Accent features
- Multipurpose sheds
- Fire features
- Nature-inspired home accent textures like wood and stone
Start an Outdoor Remodeling Project in Charlotte Today!
DiFabion Remodeling, father- and son-owned for over 20 years, can help you develop a design plan to give your home an exterior that your neighbors will envy. We are proud to offer award-winning remodeling services in Charlotte, North Carolina, and the surrounding areas.
We consider our clients to be members of our extended family, and they often hire us again and again to complete multiple projects in their homes. Our great reviews are a testament to the quality of our work. Let us give you an in-home consultation to discuss how our designers can help boost your home’s curb appeal.
Ready to start planning your Charlotte, NC, exterior remodel? Contact DiFabion Remodeling online, check out our portfolio, or call (704) 882-7738.