Home Additions & Remodeling Contractors in Charlotte, North Carolina
When you bought your home, you fell in love with its South Charlotte location. Now, your growing family or evolving needs are demanding more space. You could move, but that would uproot your family and force you to give up living in the neighborhood you love.
Fortunately, there’s another option — hire DiFabion Remodeling to build an addition for your Charlotte home. This lets you hold onto your home’s favorite features while adding extra square footage in the right places. And, best of all, you don’t have to move!
If you’re interested in expanding your living space with a home addition, contact DiFabion Remodeling at (704) 882-7738 today.
Things To Consider With Your Home Addition
It’s easy to envision what an addition will look like on paper, but you must consider the logistics of building onto your house if you want the project to succeed.
Here’s what you should keep in mind:
- Code requirements: From structural integrity to fire safety, it’s essential to work with a contractor who understands all the required codes for building a home addition.
- HOA regulations: If your Charlotte neighborhood is run by a homeowners association, find out if there are any restrictions that could limit your design options.
- Your HVAC system: Your HVAC equipment must extend into the addition to ensure comfort in every season. This may require a system upgrade to handle the increased load, or you might be able to use a ductless mini-split to provide efficient heating and cooling without installing more ductwork.
- Traffic flow and layout: A home addition often involves modifying some of the original floor plans to make the added square footage as useful as possible. This can affect traffic flow, especially if you’re making a second-story addition that requires a new staircase. Careful planning early in the design process determines the feasibility of the add-on you have in mind.
- Materials and finishes: The goal is to make it look like the addition has always been there. This means selecting materials and finishes that match your existing home inside and out. This could be your chance to replace the siding, windows, flooring, and wall coverings so the old and new sections of the home blend seamlessly.
Need expert help with your addition remodel in Charlotte, NC?
Call DiFabion Remodeling at (704) 882-7738 to consult with our Charlotte design-build team today.
What Types of Additions Do You Do?
How will you use the extra square footage you add to your home? Will you build out or up? The possibilities are endless! Here are a few ideas:
- Enlarged kitchen: Make room for an island, walk-in pantry, or breakfast nook.
- Second living room: Store the kids’ toys out of the way, so the formal living room remains tidy for guests.
- Primary suite add-on: If your home lacks a primary bathroom, an addition can satisfy this need.
- Extra bathroom: Bumping out the wall on the main floor could make space for a guest bathroom.
- Extra bedroom: Whether you’ve always wanted a dedicated guest room, or your growing family could benefit from one more bedroom, this could be a useful add-on.
- Home office or den: This is a high-demand feature in new homes. With a carefully planned first- or second-floor addition, you can enjoy a new home office without moving.
- Sunroom: This is another option for enjoying the view while staying out of the elements.
- Three-car garage: Whether attached or free-standing, a garage addition is a guaranteed way to make your home more functional for your family.
- Mudroom: Create less mess by attaching your garage to the kitchen with a functional mudroom addition.
Why Choose DiFabion Remodeling for Your Home Addition in South Charlotte?
Our home remodeling company is built on trust, vision, pride, and family. Thanks to our experienced and creative design team, we always meet or exceed our clients’ expectations. We take pride in doing things the right way the first time, which enables most of our business to come from repeat clients and direct referrals.
We’ll work hard on the front end during your home addition project to catch potential problems early. This way, we avoid regulation oversights and change orders that could hold up construction and increase costs.
Check out our home additions portfolio to browse some of our past additions around the Charlotte area.
Home Additions in Charlotte, NC
Extending your living space creates endless opportunities to spread out and improve the way your home functions for your family. Whether your addition is large or small, our capable team can handle the job.
We serve clients throughout the South Charlotte area, including South Park, Wendover, Ballantyne, Providence Plantation, Matthews, Weddington, Waxhaw, and Harrisburg.