How Do I Find a Trustworthy, Licensed Remodeler in Charlotte?
If you’re interested in remodeling your kitchen or updating your bathroom, it’s vital that you find a trustworthy, licensed remodeler in Charlotte, North Carolina for the job. This way, you can count on quality workmanship, competitive rates, and beautiful results you’ll enjoy for years to come.
The question is this: how do you weed out the inexperienced, unreliable companies from the dependable ones worthy of your business? Just follow these tips from DiFabion Remodeling.
Ask for Referrals
Do you have any friends or family in the Charlotte area who have worked with home remodelers in the area? A good place to start is to ask these trusted people who they hired for the job. Then, follow up by asking these questions:
- What was your overall experience like?
- Do you feel you got a good deal?
- How did the company handle setbacks and change orders?
- Do you recommend the remodeler you worked with?
- Do you plan to use the remodeler again on any upcoming projects?
Read Online Reviews
While it’s useful to talk with people you trust one-on-one about their experiences, you can also find testimonials online. The following sites have helpful reviews, design ideas, and pricing guides for your consideration:
Consider the Remodeler’s Credentials
- Look for a remodeling company that’s affiliated with trade organizations such as the National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI), the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB), and Remodelers Advantage.
- Find out if the company has any certifications, such as being a Certified Green Professional (CGP).
- Ask the remodeler if they’ve won any awards, such as the Best of Houzz Award and the Angie’s List Super Service Award.
- Check the company’s Better Business Bureau rating.
These credentials tell you a great deal about how trustworthy a company is, giving you confidence in their ability to perform a job well done.
Interview Potential Remodelers
Once you have narrowed it down to a few companies, it’s time to get in touch with your favorite ones. Find the answers to the following questions to give you a good idea of which remodeler you want to work with:
- What is your service area? First things first—make sure the remodeling company completes renovations where you live.
- Are you licensed and insured? Home remodeling is a regulated industry that requires licenses and insurance coverage. Request the company’s license number so you can confirm it, and ask to see a certificate of insurance to verify that they have worker’s compensation, general liability, and property damage coverage.
- How long have you been in business? While new companies are certainly capable of providing top-notch services, a veteran remodeler has established a presence in the community and proven their ability to deliver quality results time and time again. Look for a company with a decade or more of experience for your peace of mind.
- What types of projects do you have experience with? Obviously, you want to team up with a company that has completed the sort of job you have in mind many times before. A look at the remodeler’s portfolio will give you an idea of their style and the work they’re capable of completing.
- Do you have any references I can contact? Online reviews are helpful, but similar to asking your friends and family for referrals, it’s more beneficial to speak with past customers one-on-one so you can get answers to your specific questions.
- What is your availability? If you’re satisfied that you’ve found a reputable remodeler, make sure they can add your project to their schedule within a reasonable timeframe.
Insist on a Contract
Once you’ve made your decision, the final step before starting your project is to get everything in writing. Make sure the contract includes the following:
- The contractor’s name, address, contact information, and license number
- Details regarding what the contractor will and will not do
- Approximate start and end dates
- Price, financing provisions, payment schedules, and cancelation penalties
- Product and material details, including brands, models, sizes, and colors
- Warranty information
- An arbitration clause in case of disagreements
- The right to cancel the agreement without penalty within three business days of signing it
Thoroughly review the contract and clarify anything you don’t understand before signing it.
Contact DiFabion Remodeling in Charlotte, NC
As a design/build firm, DiFabion Remodeling is here to help you tackle every aspect of your project, from concept to construction to completion. We have built our reputation on trust, vision, pride, and family, with the ultimate goal of exceeding your expectations in every way. In the end, we’re not satisfied until you are!
To work with a trustworthy, licensed remodeler in Charlotte, please contact DiFabion Remodeling today.
Fill out our contact form to request a consultation with our team.
Award-Winning Design Projects
Over the past three decades, we have completed hundreds of home remodeling projects in the Greater Charlotte area and won numerous awards for our innovative designs and commitment to customer satisfaction. See All Projects